Child Custody Lawyer Wendy Doyle-Palumbo on Petitioning the Courts for Relocation of a Minor Child
In Florida, it is possible to petition the courts for relocation of a child. The courts do not make any presumptions, however they will look at specific factors in each case. The following are some things that the courts will consider prior to making a determination:
- Best Interest of the Child – The main goal of the courts is to look at the best interest of the child
- Time Sharing – Current utilization of the non relocating parent of their time sharing
- Child Support – The courts will look at the history and current status of child support, including any past due amounts owed by the non-relocating parent.
- Education – The courts will look at the status of the child’s education
- Parental Involvement – The courts will look at the involvement of the non relocating parent’s overall involvement in the child’s life, including care for the child, interest in school and extra curricular activities.
- Travel Expenses – Whether travel expenses would cause problems in times haring
- Any factors that affect the best interest of the child or as set forth in ß 61.13, Fla. Stat. Section 61.13001(7), Fla. Stat.
Not Afraid to Litigate
Wendy Doyle-Palumbo is known for being able to mediate cases rather than go to court, but she is a tough divorce litigation attorney. Child custody modifications, such as parental relocation with a child†can be challenging. Florida Child Custody Law states that showing substantial changes, whether in a child support, or child custody and time sharing cases, must be evident.† This also applies in child relocation cases. Wendy is aggressive and has the knowledge and tenacity to represent clients on either side of a child relocation case or other child custody issue.
If you would like a free initial consultation to discuss your petition for the relocation of a child in Pasco County, Florida or other Tampa Bay Jurisdictions such as in Hernando County, Florida, call Wendy Doyle-Palumbo at 727.824.5727.†