Establishing Paternity in Florida – Pasco, Hernando, Pinellas County, Florida

Do You Need to Hire a Paternity Attorney?

Although it’s not necessary to hire a lawyer to establish paternity in  Pasco, Hernando or Pinellas County, Florida, it’s a good idea to discuss your options with Family Law Attorney Wendy Doyle-Palumbo.

There are five ways to establish paternity in the State of Florida.

  • If you are an unmarried parent you should contact a Florida family law attorney to help you establish paternity.
  • Marriage: The parents are married to each other when the child is born
  • Acknowledgement of Paternity: The unmarried couple signs a legal document in the hospital when the child is born, or later
  • Administrative Order Based on Genetic Testing: Paternity is ordered if a genetic test proves fatherhood
    Court Order: A judge orders paternity in court
  • Legitimization: The mother and natural father get married to each other after the child is born and update the birth record through the Florida Office of Vital Statistics

Unmarried Father’s Parental Rights in Florida

There are many reasons to legally establish paternity in Florida. Not only is legitimization important to a child, but as a biological father of a child when you are unmarried, it is a necessary step in the process of establishing your legal, parental rights.

In Florida, if you are an unmarried person who has biologically fathered a child or children, and if you have not signed a legal document in the hospital when your child was born, you can get a court to issue an order of paternity, or you can have an an administrative order based on genetic testing.

Unmarried Fathers – Are You Going to Be a New Dad?

If you are unmarried and the child has not been born yet, it is often times recommended that you sit down with a family law attorney to discuss your options, especially if there are any concerns or doubts of paternity. Once you acknowledge that you are the legal father of any child, you would have to disestablish paternity. In the meantime, you would still be financially liable to the child.

Unmarried Mothers Establishing Paternity and Child Support

If you are an unmarried mother and you know who the biological father of your child is, you will most like wish to file for child support and as well as a time sharing order. In the State of Florida, children are entitled by law to financial support from both parents, irregardless of marital status.

How Children Benefit When You Establish Paternity in Florida

Children can most always benefit from having a record of who their biological fathers are, even if the father wishes not to be regularly involved. Having access to information such as the medical history of the father and his family may be needed at some point in the child’s life. Aside from that, in most cases, children are overall better off when they can have a healthy, loving and supportive relationship with both parents. If you are an unmarried biological father of a child in Florida and have questions about child custody or time sharing please contact Wendy Doyle-Palumbo for a free initial consultation.

How to establish paternity in Pasco, Hernando or Pinellas County, FL

Consulting with a paternity attorney in Pasco, Hernando or Pinellas County is usually the best start. Wendy Doyle Palumbo is an experienced paternity lawyer who can provide advice, counsel and representation in a paternity case. Whether you are a father wishing to establish paternity to enjoy your parental rights, or one who has been named in a paternity lawsuit, I am here to fight for your rights. If you are single mother who needs to file for Florida child support, call our office promptly for a free initial consultation.

Legal Ramifications and Establishing Paternity in Florida
Establishing paternity in Florida may seem easy, but there are many legal ramifications in doing so, especially if you are unrepresented by a lawyer. Wendy Doyle Palumbo is a seasoned family law attorney representing clients who need to establish paternity in Hudson, Spring Hill, Brooksville in Pasco County, Florida.